Unsecured personal loans for Solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems. No minimum credit score, no income limits (minimum or maximum), and no minimum asset or home equity required.
Loan Products & Rates*
Fees apply depending on improvement. Origination Fee: 2.5% and 1.25% for military discounts + Project Management Fee: 3.99%.
- Applicant(s) must be the OWNER of the RESIDENTIAL subject property. Immediate family members like children, parents, siblings, grandchildren or grandparents are also eligible to apply with the home owner(s) to finance improvements on their behalf.
- Home must be located in: Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina or Tennessee
- If Primary Applicant is married then the spouse must apply
- All titleholders to the RESIDENTIAL property must apply
- Applicant(s) must prove ABILITY TO PAY (i.e., Employment, Social Security, Disability, etc.)
- Property Taxes must be current
- Home Mortgages, auto loans, and credit cards must be current. (with proof if private mortgage)
- Applicants cannot have filed bankruptcy or have had a bankruptcy discharged in the past 12 months
- Co-signer and/or cash guarantee (i.e. 3% of total project cost) may be required depending on the Applicant(s) credit history.
Eligible improvements include Solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems (i.e., rooftop, ground mount, batteries, etc.)
SELF also provides project management from start to finish, including: pre-screening all contractors to verify applicable licenses, insurance and a good track record; reviewing quotes to prevent price-gouging; and, coordinating with local building officials and homeowners before making final payment to the contractors.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Proof of home ownership
- Proof of income
- Ability to repay the loan
- Mortgage paid on time in the past 90 days
- Current on all local property taxes
- No minimum income required
- No minimum credit score required