Unsecured personal loans for home improvement projects. No minimum credit score, no income limits (minimum or maximum), and no minimum asset or home equity required.
Loan Products & Rates
Fees apply depending on improvement. Origination Fee: 2.5% and 1.25% for military discounts + Project Management Fee: 2.75%.
- Primary Applicant must be the OWNER of the RESIDENTIAL subject property
- Home must be located in: Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, or Alabama
- Applicant(s) must prove ABILITY TO PAY (i.e., Employment, Social Security, Disability, etc.)
- Property Taxes must be current
- Home Mortgage loans must be current (with proof)
- Primary Applicant cannot have a bankruptcy in the past 12 months
- Co-signer or cash guarantee (i.e. 5-20% of total project cost) may be required depending on the Applicant(s) previous payment history
Eligible improvements include septic-to-sewer conversions, lateral line replacements, connection to central water, conservation, and plumbing fixes.
SELF also provides project management from start to finish, including: pre-screening all contractors to verify applicable licenses, insurance and a good track record; reviewing quotes to prevent price-gouging; and, coordinating with local building officials and homeowners before making final payment to the contractors.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Proof of home ownership
- Proof of income
- Ability to repay the loan
- Mortgage paid on time in the past 90 days
- Current on all local property taxes
- No minimum income required
- No minimum credit score required
What if my income is insufficient to repay a loan?
Can SELF loans be used to supplement grant funds, such as SHIP, CDBG, FEMA?