Unsecured personal loans for home improvement projects. No minimum credit score, no income limits (minimum or maximum), and no minimum asset or home equity required.
Loan Products & Rates
Fees apply depending on improvement. Origination Fee: 2.5% and 1.25% for military discounts + Project Management Fee: 2.75%.
- Applicant(s) must be the OWNER of the RESIDENTIAL subject property. Next of kin (child, parent; sibling) are also eligible to apply with the home owner(s) to finance improvements on their behalf.
- Home must be located in: Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina or Tennessee
- If Primary Applicant is married then the spouse must apply
- All titleholders to the RESIDENTIAL property must apply
- Applicant(s) must prove ABILITY TO PAY (i.e., Employment, Social Security, Disability, etc.)
- Property Taxes must be current
- Home Mortgages, auto loans, and credit cards must be current. (with proof if private mortgage)
- Primary Applicant cannot have a bankruptcy in the past 12 months
- Applicants cannot have filed bankruptcy or have had a bankruptcy discharged in the past 12 months
- Co-signer and/or cash guarantee (i.e. 3% of total project cost) may be required depending on the Applicant(s) credit history.
Eligible improvements include septic-to-sewer conversions, lateral line replacements, connection to central water, conservation, and plumbing fixes.
Make your home and the environment cleaner with a sewer and water loan!
Types of Improvements
Project Management: From Start to Finish
SELF also provides project management from start to finish, including: pre-screening all contractors to verify applicable licenses, insurance and a good track record; reviewing quotes to prevent price-gouging; and, coordinating with local building officials and homeowners before making final payment to the contractors.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Proof of home ownership
- Proof of income
- Ability to repay the loan
- Mortgage paid on time in the past 90 days
- Current on all local property taxes
- No minimum income required
- No minimum credit score required
Ruth Vernon, Tampa
SELF helped Ruth completely redo her bathroom. "Now my daughter doesn’t have to worry about me falling"