Thank you for your interest in the non-profit Solar and Energy Loan Fund (SELF). SELF is an independent, non-profit, community-based lending organization focused on financing home renovations that promote energy efficiency, clean energy alternatives, storm protection, water conservation, and disability products. SELF provides homeowners with project management and access to low cost capital to help identify and finance sustainable home improvement projects.
Eligibility Requirements for the SELF Program
1. Must be the owner of the home undergoing improvements.
2. The home must be located in an approved SELF territory. *Check the SELF website for current service territories at: www.solarenergyloanfund.org
3. Must be current on property taxes.
4. Must be current on mortgage/s.
5. Must provide proof of income.
6. Must have disposable income to repay the SELF loan.
If you meet all of these requirements, please proceed to the application.
4 Simple Steps to Get Your SELF Loan:
Step One: Submit the completed Loan Application with supporting documents.
Step Two: Get quotes for your desired improvements from SELF’s “Approved Contractor List” (Find list on www.Solarenergyloanfund.org or call SELF for a list.)
Step Three:Schedule a closing date with a SELF representative and go over next steps to get your project done.
Step Four: Contact your chosen contractor to set up the time and date for your project to get started!