The “Recover” loan is a flexible, cash-based loan that provides up to $10,000 for whatever homeowners need to recover quickly: general clean-up, hiring handymen, transportation, and other home recovery expenses.
The loan is unsecured and has a 12-month zero payment grace period before payments begin or interest accrues. This grace period provides homeowners time to resettle and return to work and for insurance and FEMA payments to arrive. Then, they have the option to repay the loans in full with no prepayment penalties. Talk to a SELF representative about which loan is right for your family!
"Recover" Cash Loan
5% Fee is rolled into the loan.
- Applicant(s) must be the OWNER of the RESIDENTIAL subject property. Immediate family members like children, parents, siblings, grandchildren or grandparents are also eligible to apply with the home owner(s) to finance improvements on their behalf.
- Home must be located in: Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina or Tennessee
- All parties to the mortgage on the RESIDENTIAL property must apply
- All titleholders to the RESIDENTIAL property must apply
- Applicant(s) must prove ABILITY TO PAY (i.e., Employment, Social Security, Disability, etc.)
- Property Taxes must be current
- Home Mortgages, auto loans, and credit cards must be current. (with proof if private mortgage)
- Applicants cannot have filed bankruptcy or have had a bankruptcy discharged in the past 12 months
- Co-signer and/or cash guarantee (i.e. 3% of total project cost) may be required depending on the Applicant(s) credit history.
Eligible improvements include Energy Efficiency and Conservation or Renewable Energy projects other than solar PV. (e.g., high-efficiency A/C, tankless water heaters, insulation, solar attic fans, solar water heaters, solar AC, etc).